Blogs > Northern Ohio Local Politics

Politics is big in these parts, and we’ve got it covered. John Arthur Hutchison and other staff writers will offer their inside information on the events, big news and little moments of the local political scene in Lake, Geauga and eastern Cuyahoga counties.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Congressman Tim Ryan would consider Senate post

Congressman Tim Ryan, D-Miles, is showing interest as a possible candidate to run for U.S. Senate in 2010, when the term of U.S. Sen. George V. Voinovich, R-Ohio, expires. Voinovich is not seeking re-election to a third term.

Ryan released the following statement Monday.

"Senator Voinovich has served the people of the State of Ohio with distinction for almost thirty years. In my time in the House of Representatives I have had an opportunity to partner with him on meaningful legislation to help bring jobs and economic opportunity back to the state," said Ryan.

"I am singularly focused on what's best for my constituents in Northeast Ohio. As a member of the House Appropriations Committee I am in a very good position to help create and expand important economic development initiatives in the State of Ohio. That said, if I can have a greater impact by being in the Senate, I will certainly consider it."

— John Arthur Hutchison

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home