Blogs > Northern Ohio Local Politics

Politics is big in these parts, and we’ve got it covered. John Arthur Hutchison and other staff writers will offer their inside information on the events, big news and little moments of the local political scene in Lake, Geauga and eastern Cuyahoga counties.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Joyce, Lynch each receive national endorsements for Ohio 14th Congressional District GOP primary

The battle to win the May 6 Republican primary for Ohio's 14th Congressional District between U.S. Rep. Dave Joyce and state Rep. Matt Lynch continues as each recently received national endorsements.

Lynch of Bainbridge Township received the endorsement April 15 from the Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, which said in a news release that the overwhelming majority of its grassroots activists in Ohio expressed their enthusiastic support of Lynch's candidacy.
Matt Lynch
Dave Joyce



Meanwhile, Joyce of Russell Township received endorsement April 22 by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, which said also named his as the recipient of the Spirit of Enterprise Award from the U.S. Chamber. The award recognizes Joyce’s work to support American workers and businesses through policies that encourage private sector investment and growth.


The latest campaign committee reports filed with the Federal Elections Commission show that Lynch ended with $48,940 cash on hand for his report that showed contributions and expenditures made from Jan. 1 through March 31.

A report for Joyce for the same time period showed he had $1,217,687 cash on hand.

It should be an interesting final two weeks before the primary election.

John Arthur Hutchison
Twitter: @newsheraldjah

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the same Chamber of Commerce that is supporting David Joyce endorsed Obamacare. Joyce was jammed down our throats but the unethical Steve LaTourette who left the Rebpublican party in a lurch when he announced that he was resigning.

April 24, 2014 at 12:45 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Matt!

April 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

David Joyce's voting record is similar to Nancy Pelosi's. Matt Lynch is clearly the better choice
to represent us in Washington.

April 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I know is David Joyce voted to cut DISABLED VETERANS cost of living increases and then claims that there is time to repeal it before it starts in 2016. Really? Why vote FOR IT in the first place?

April 30, 2014 at 1:09 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Tea Party is dying of self inflicted wounds 1 Go Dave Joyce

May 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM 
Blogger RexMaximvs said...

Don't you think that sitting members of congress - Representatives - should communicate their positions on major issues of the day? Isn't that especially true for undecided constituents?

Four days ago I was undecided in the Republican primary election for Congress in the 14th District. Since Right to Life and Abortion are major issues for me I decided to do some research. I was especially curious when I learned that Matt Lynch was endorsed by Ohio Right to Life. I have never met Matt and have had zero interaction with his campaign. So as an innocent undecided voter here's what has occurred over the past four days:

FaceBook posts 4.28.14

You have to wonder about politicians. Earlier today I received a Facebook post on my thread that promoted the candidacy of David Joyce who is running for Congress in my district. He's the former Geauga County (Ohio) prosecutor who was appointed last year by the Republican party to fill the unexpired term of Steve LaTourette.

Joyce is running against Matt Lynch who is currently a member of the Ohio House of Representatives.

So I figured this presented an opportunity to ask a question of something that I felt was important. I posted my question on Mr. Joyce's Facebook page. It was: Can you tell me why Ohio Right to Life has endorsed your opponent? What is Mr. Joyce's position on the Life Issue?

So my answer posted on the notice menu of my page was, "why don't you ask Ohio Right to Life." Curious way to answer a legitimate and respectful question about an issue that may voters feel is very important.

So I then attempted to go to Mr. Joyce's Facebook page to see if there were any other comments. Guess what?

I have been blocked! Yes, I was blocked. Blocked although I am a former elected Republican official in Cuyahoga County who was probably also a good vote and supporter for Mr. Joyce. Politicians will never cease to amaze me. And disappoint me I should add.

Come on - years past I have run a Congressional campaign and served as Press Secretary for another. Mr. Joyce is this any way to treat a supporter, albeit former now?
Post on Dave Joyce Facebook page 4.29.14

Mr. Joyce, Two days ago I replied to an unsolicited post on my Facebook page from your campaign. As I am a simple man, I asked a simple question: Can you tell me why Ohio Right to Life has endorsed your opponent? What is Mr. Joyce's position on the Life Issue?

I received a sarcastic reply: Why don't you ask ORTL.

Subsequently I was blocked from this Facebook page. I am surprised to be allowed back today. I am therefore asking the same question: Can you tell me why Ohio Right to Life has endorsed your opponent? What is Mr. Joyce's position on the Life Issue?

Also, I doing some research on your background I noticed that you had not posted your religion on your campaign page as well as your Congressional page. Roll Call has you listed as Roman Catholic. Can that be confirmed here. That matter is of course relevant to both your position on the Life/Abortion issue as well as my personal vote in the May 6th Primary Election in our district.

Finally, I would suggest that it would be most helpful to be more forthcoming on your web sites about these matters.

Can anyone guess what has happened? NOTHING!

May 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt Lynch has my vote!

May 2, 2014 at 11:11 AM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we should ask Joyce why he QUIT as Geauga prosecutor and DID NOT finish the job of putting TJ Lane in prison- this is what he was there to do and he bailed for congress. No Spine at all.

May 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello- I need to know whether Joyce or Lynch is more citizen friendly? Who will vote based on what is best for us and not just the party line? Who is stronger on property rights, please do tell!

May 5, 2014 at 4:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home